skip to main content

Health Office

When to Keep Your Child Home from SchoolTop of Page

 PDF icon
Sick Day Guidelines

Your child isn't feeling well. Are you struggling with whether to send your child to school? It's sometimes a tough question. The Sick Day Guidelines can give you some help when making that decision.
The pdf file is a question answer document regarding the H1N1 Flu. It's user friendly and in people language. It's worth the read. 

PDF icon
FAQ on the Flu

Health Office
Top of Page

Gladstone's Health Office is staffed by our district nurse, Brian Iavicoli, R.N., and Theresa Cooper Health Clerk.

If your child becomes ill at school, he/she will need to go to the health office. The health office staff will assess the student's condition and contact parents when necessary.

Please note that if your child is injured and requires medical attention or is hospitalized, he/she will need a medical release from a doctor that indicates the date the student may return to school. Please have the doctor list any restrictions or assistive devices needed. For example: "No P.E. for two weeks--must use crutches/sling/splint for 10 days."

An emergency card must be completed for each student. Please visit the Health Office to pick up the form.

Students who need to take medication at school must have a medication form completed by a doctor and signed by a parent or guardian. Click on Authorization for Medication to access form.

Vision and hearing screenings are completed on K, 2, 5, and all special education students, and parent/teacher requests. Color vision screenings are done on all first grade boys. 

For more information, please contact:
Theresa Cooper
Health Clerk
Phone: (909) 971-8204 ext. 4420