Gladstone is one of thirteen schools in the Bonita Unified School District located in the city of San Dimas and borders the cities of Glendora and Covina. The 525 students make up a total enrollment including 22 regular education classrooms, 1 special day class, 2 Special Education Local Plan Area Autistic classes and 2 Los Angeles County Autistic special education classes. Additionally, we support gifted students with two certified GATE instructors and special education students with a specialized academic support teacher. At Gladstone, a full time intervention teacher is on staff at Gladstone to coordinate the ELA pull-out intervention program. Additionally, this elementary school has many interesting characteristics that include:
- Gladstone is one of eight elementary schools in the Bonita Unified School District, serving the communities of San Dimas and La Verne.
- A district nurse, speech pathologist, and school psychologist are assigned to the school part time.
- Gladstone Elementary receives Title I funds that target students not reaching proficiency in English Language Arts and Math.
- Classrooms are equipped with two or more computers, a projection system, and interactive white board, sound amplification system, and close circuit cable TV service. Additional shared technology resources include multiple student response systems, a portable presentaiton cart, and a school computer lab. Table computers are also common throughout classrooms.
- Parents support Gladstone by providing more than 8,000 hours annually of volunteer time in the classroom, planning activities, tutoring students, preparing instructional materials, helping in the office and raising money to enhance the instructional program.